The Howard Hughes Corporation® Launches New Season of SEE/CHANGE on Memorial Day Weekend Filled with Food, Fun and Fashion
NEW YORK-- The Howard Hughes Corporation® (NYSE: HHC) announced today the new 2014 SEE/CHANGE summer line-up kicking off Memorial Day Weekend at the South Street Seaport. Celebrating a highly successful first year of crowd-pleasing activities, SEE/CHANGE will showcase an exciting array of retail pop-ups, culinary offerings, live music, DJ series, outdoor cinema and family-friendly fare in conjunction with New York-centric activities that locals and visitors have come to enjoy. The series will commence in the historic cobblestone area of Fulton and Front Streets on May 23rd and run through the summer as part of the Seaport District’s ongoing neighborhood revitalization.
For summer 2014, SEE/CHANGE is bringing back some of its most popular features, including the free outdoor FRONT/ROW CINEMA weekly movie series, the 13th annual Seaport Music Festival, 4th annual 4Knots Music Festival and morning yoga sessions on the FRONT/ROW lawn. Additionally, a new selection of signature food and fashion vendors and events will be unveiled this season. An overview of the programming is outlined below:
- FRONT/ROW CINEMA: The free outdoor film series at the intersection of Front and Fulton Streets drew huge crowds last year and will return for a new season starting Memorial Day Weekend, featuring screenings of Mission Impossible (May 23), Ratatouille (May 24) and Breakfast at Tiffany’s (May 25). The summer-long schedule will include a diverse line-up that includes family friendly fare (Brave, Frozen), blockbusters (Skyfall,Men in Black 3), modern classics (The Breakfast Club, Goonies) and indie-minded films (Crazy, Stupid Love, Perks of Being a Wallflower). Screenings will be every Wednesday night for family films and Saturday night for “date night,” with lawn and lounge chair seating provided for guests each night.
- FOOD HAUL: The new Ambrose Hall, also at the corner of Fulton and Front Streets, will offer craft beers and tasty summer bites. A rotating list of food trucks and other specialty food vendors will also serve delicious food and beverage choices along with outdoor cookouts, BBQ, picnic and tasting events to keep taste buds satisfied throughout the summer, including Moo Shu Grill, Milk Truck and Calexico.
- SEE/CHANGE RETAIL: The multi-story shipping containers will once again serve as stylish retail pop-ups on Fulton and Front Streets, showcasing fashion-forward, independent retailers - including Selima Optique, Freedom of Animals and The Squeeze - as well as one-of-a-kind cultural happenings.
- MUSIC: SEE/CHANGE will launch new weekday lunch sessions which will showcase great live music and DJ sets from the FRONT/ROW stage Monday through Friday, offerings visitors and locals a great way to spend their lunch hour. The 13th annual international, indie-oriented Seaport Music Festival also returns July 11th with eight live music performances by indie-rock and pop bands. The South Street Seaport will also serve as proud sponsor along with the Village Voice of the 4th annual 4Knots Music Festival. The annual River to River Festival will take over the Seaport the weekend of June 26-28, featuring performances each day by a great line-up of contemporary Latin and Caribbean music bands.
- MORNING EXERCISE: Classes will feature a daily selection of community and health-focused programs that partner with local fitness experts, including exercise classes on the lawn every Monday through Friday provided by Crunch Fitness.
- CULTURAL/COMMUNITY EVENTS: Numerous cultural and community events will occur during the summer: Thursday evenings will offer live music by the Dandy Wellingtons and various performers throughout the summer; TECH TUESDAYS returns, inviting members of the Lower Manhattan tech community out for a weekly evening of mingling and networking; family-related activities willalsogive kids a great reason to spend time at the Seaport every Sunday, with a schedule of live music, book readings and special appearances by Curious George, Clifford and more.
“We are pleased to bring back great summer programming of SEE/CHANGE activations and events as part of our continued commitment to reenergize this iconic district,” said David R. Weinreb, Chief Executive Officer of The Howard Hughes Corporation. “Our SEE/CHANGE launch last summer showcased an exciting array of events, from music to film and food, where neighbors and visitors alike gathered and shared experiences unique to the Seaport. We are looking forward to this summer season and once again sharing all that SEE/CHANGE has to offer.”
Information regarding the South Street Seaport can be found at seechangeny.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About The Howard Hughes Corporation®
The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate throughout the U.S. Our properties include master planned communities, operating properties, development opportunities and other unique assets spanning 18 states from New York to Hawaii. The Howard Hughes Corporation is traded on the New York Stock Exchange as HHC and is headquartered in Dallas, TX. For additional information about HHC, visit www.howardhughes.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not historical facts, including statements accompanied by words such as “will,” “believe,” “expect,” “enables,” “realize”, “plan,” “intend,” “transform” and other words of similar expression, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s expectations, estimates, assumptions and projections as of the date of this release and are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in these statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are set forth as risk factors in The Howard Hughes Corporation’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Quarterly and Annual Reports. The Howard Hughes Corporation cautions you not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this release. The Howard Hughes Corporation does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect future events, information or circumstances that arise after the date of this release.
Aliza Rabinoff, 212-981-5157
The Howard Hughes Corporation
Caryn Kboudi, 214-741-7744
Source: The Howard Hughes Corporation